Thursday, March 8, 2007

First word (and a monkey)

Exciting news this week, the little one said "Up!" to Grandma on Wednesday! And when asked "Where's your Monkey?" she looks around and finds her little plastic monkey that goes with the Amazing Animals train. She's so amazing and she makes my heart sing just to watch her learning and growing each day.

It's that time of year again... flowers are beginning to bloom all over our beautiful city. It's still a bit chilly, but nice enough that we can congratulate ourselves for not living in other parts of the country, where friends and relatives are still dealing with (shudder) snow!

We are really so spoiled here. There is always a downside to anything, depending on your perspective, and mine is allergies. So the beautiful flowers have me using up tissues so fast I wish I had shares in Kleenex. Still, a dripping nose and uncontrollable sneezing is a small price to pay for living in such a paradise. I'll take it over snow and ice any day!

Another trip to the pool today with Nana and Grandma. Little Bun made friends with a nice lady and her 3 children, who were very good at sharing the pool toys. Although as my angel is still teething we had to take them away from her. Chewing on toys that have been in the pool is really not nice... I KNOW what kids do in there...

My new stroller came in to the store, but not until after the pool. Fortunately my mother in law had one we could use for the day, it definitely made the trip a lot easier although it didn't fold as small as the Zooper, I managed to stuff it in the locker, though.

Still so much to do for the baby's first birthday party, although I'm keeping it fairly simple with
trays of meat, cheese, veg, fruit and some buns... And of course CAKE!

No comments: