Saturday, March 3, 2007

Playing catch-up

Well, I just started and already I'm getting behind!

I took my daughter swimming for the first time this week! We went on Thursday morning because my Mum and her other Grandma and Grandpa go then. (Seniors Day!)
I was afraid that she would be scared of the water and scream the place down, but she was amazing. And she loved it! She floated with her head against me, she went on a little boogie board with Grandpa pushing her through the water, she played with the toys. It was a great experience and now I have no excuse for not going back...
Regardless of how I feel about me in a bathing suit... : (
The Commonwealth Pool is really great for kids, there's a baby pool and a kid's pool with a pirate ship that's also a wave pool. Then there's two other full size pools for adults.
There were a lot of other Mums and babies there.

On Friday we met the Mummies and Babies for breakfast again, my little one was great, enjoyed sharing Mummy's breakfast but she was ready to be out of that high chair long before it
was time to go.

Today Grandma came over to hang out with the Bun while my husband and I went to the Times Colonist Book Sale. It's a HUGE sale of donated books with profits to the "Raise a Reader" fund. We had to wait about an hour to get in because we got there around 9:20 am.
There were actually people lining up at 1am which is just nuts!
We got 99 books, some for each of us and some for our girly girl. $111 dollars all to charity!

I am seriously considering going back tomorrow.... is that wrong?

Tonight we had friends over for dinner, got the BBQ going for the first time in months. It was chilly out but you've got to love a place where you can BBQ at this time of year!

No comments: